So long Harry

And the Saga ends....

I've been waiting for almost two years for the last installment of Harry Potter. As the days to July 21st came closer the anticipation and longing grew exponentially. I pre-ordered my copy and the week before the release, pre-ordered it in another store which is closer to where i live so that worst come worse I could walk to the store in the morning.

As i lay awake on friday night a part of me was reluctant to see the light of the next day. Once i had the book it would all be over. One of the best things I've read would come to an end.

I woke up early and was outside the store before it could open. I stood out and waved my pre-ordered voucher to the people in the store, who informed me that they were going to start giving the books away in a little while. I got the first copy of the book though i had to muscle out a little kid who was trying to get the first copy. (yeah very childish of me, but i was there first!!)

I spent the whole day reading the book and studiously avoiding human company because of the kill joys who went around announcing the end of the book.

I finished reading the book at 3:00 am. And i felt like i was saying good bye to a dear friend. I know i will read those books again, but it will never be the same.

So long harry, thanks for all those pleasurable hours spent following your journey.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully this time your copy of the book is more accurate than the copy you were reading for The Order of the Phoenix. ;)

    I just finished the book a couple minutes ago and I felt the same way about saying goodbye to Harry.

  1. i SO know how you feel! i took off from work to finish the book :D